“Oh hey, I found ya! Oh, but wait it’s your competitor I found, sorry”
Sound familiar, but Why?
It’s all because people landed on one the many other pages with the same keyword or phrase in the Search Engines which ranked higher than yours. It’s why important to optimize your blog with keyword rich content.
Keywords are one of the key elements of search engine optimization (SEO) that bring organic traffic to your site. A website that is well optimized with backlink for the most relevant keywords for Search Engine “speaks the same language” as its potential visitor base with keywords for SEO that help connect searchers to your site.
Therefore, its worth the time and efforts in performing a keyword research to ensure that the selected keywords are highly relevant to your audience’s intent. It’s easy to rank said keywords when there is the right amount of content and backlinks to match. Keyword research is a valuable and high return activity in the search marketing field.
There are three essential concepts to consider when conducting keyword research.
1. Good keywords are closely related to the subject of the website. Most search engines use an internal quality system to check website relevance related to possible keywords, a non-relevant keyword is unlikely to rank well for a website.
2. Good Keyword that is highly competitive is less likely to rank in the top.
3. Keywords that have no monthly searches generate no traffic and therefore are useless for SEO. Keyword stuffing in a web page should be avoided.
The process of keyword research involves brainstorming and the use of keyword research tools. They’ll push you ahead of your competition.
In spite, there are many free and paid keyword research tools in the market but Jaaxy is my most favorite keyword and niche research tool and I’ll show why in this Jaaxy Review.
I will walk you through Jaaxy’s tools, features, pros and cons, pricing plans (free option included!) and an inside look of how Jaaxy works, what Jaaxy is and how you can use it to bring your blog/website / online business/advertising campaign to the next level.
Jaaxy Keyword Research Tool Review
Product – Jaaxy Keyword And Niche Research Tool
Owners – Creators of Wealthy Affiliate
Price. – Free; $49/mo(Pro); $99/mo(Enterprise)
Free Lite Version For WA Premium Member
(Sign up here)
Rating – ⭐ ⭐ ⭐⭐⭐
Table of Contents
- What Jaaxy Is
- What Are Jaaxy’s Benefits
- What Are Jaaxy’s Pros
- What Are Jaaxy’s Con
- How Jaaxy Tools Work – The Core Features
- Other Jaaxy’s useful Tools
- Build Incredibly Valuable Domain Portfolios.
- How Much Does Jaaxy Cost
- Jaaxy’s Pricing Plans Comparison Chart
- Special BONUS
What Jaaxy Is
It’s a competitive keyword research tool that was created by the same guys (Kyle and Carson) who created one of the best online marketing training program today, called Wealthy Affiliate. Jaaxy is NOW officially integrated into the platform at Wealthy Affiliate. (You’re welcomed read more what is Wealthy Affiliate here)
In short, Jaaxy is the industry’s only keyword and research platform that was built by affiliate marketers FOR affiliate marketers in managing all aspects of keyword, website, competitions and market research.
Whether you’re starting a new blog or niche website (?) or trying to write the next popular article for your blog, Jaaxy can help you out.
Jaaxy collects search data from the three major engines — Google, Bing and Yahoo — and displays it in a simplified manner.
What Are Jaaxy’s Benefits
Jaaxy is great for a lot of things including but not limited to:
- Finding your niche fast
- Provide you true insights into brand new and unexploited niches
- Brainstorming what is the hottest trending and popular in the market now.
- Discover unique, hot and untouched keywords to drive your SEO and PPC campaigns to new heights.
- Uncover millions of keywords and niches
- Finding low competition keywords that make it easy to get instant rankings
- Unveiling keyword metrics that will help you boost your SEO endeavors
- Learning how competitive a keyword is
- Knowing how much traffic you can expect in a chosen keyword
- Keyword Management – Save, store, share, export and manage all of your keyword research activities
- Build Incredibly Valuable Domain Portfolios.
- Allow you to monitor and track ANY rankings in Google, Yahoo, or Bing for ANY website!
- Spying on your competitors to gain competitive advantage
- Uncover lucrative affiliate programs
What Are Jaaxy’s Pros
Jaaxy is a powerful tool with lots of excellent features, let me enumerate some of them:
- Very easy to use and a friendly interface
- Lightning fast in extracting your keyword data
- Produce super accurate data
- Pull data directly from Google, Bing and Yahoo and combines it with its own proprietary data
- Two good options to find keywords – main search, and google suggest style search (Alphabet Soup Technique)
- Revolutionary in finding high traffic keywords with low competition
- Provides a level of competition analysis to show how hard it is to rank
- Also provides niche research specific tools like domain name search and affiliate programs
- It’s an online application, no software installation required and mobile friendly
- There’s a fast and reliable support
- Useful for all levels of internet marketers, domain flippers and other online business people.
What Are Jaaxy’s Cons
Like all tools, Jaaxy has room for improvement.
The best part is that the Jaaxy team is always introducing new features and making the existent one’s even better.
Let’s review a few of Jaaxy’s cons:
- It’s impossible to select whether we’re targeting local or global searches (which can be important in some situations)
- There’s no option to choose the language used by the searcher
- They don’t include a Domain or Page Authority metric from Moz, Majestic or Ahrefs
- Free account limited to 30 searches only
- Has good training material available but some need updating since Jaaxy 3.0 was launched.
How Jaaxy Tool Work – The Core Features
The core function of Jaaxy is its keyword and niche research tool. It’s help you find your niche lighting fast targeting the low competition keyword.
This is the main keyword search tool on Jaaxy and it is pretty straight forward to use:
- enter your keyword idea (or phrase)
- find low competition keywords
Here is what a quick search I did for “Online Marketing Course” looks like
Jaaxy delivers a lot of keywords in the result along with some great data to help you decide if they are worth pursuing.
Here’s an explanation of all those fancy abbreviations from the image above.
- Avg. (Average Monthly Searches Volume): the number of searches a keyword has per month. This is the total search traffic for that keyword on Google, Bing and Yahoo combined.
- Traffic: actual monthly traffic you’ll get if your site ranks on Google’s first result page. This is the lowest estimated traffic for those ranks, so you may be surprised if you see even more visits coming in
- Quoted Search Results (QSR): tells you how many pages are competing for the same exact keyword or keyphrase on Google. Jaaxy uses a state-of-the-art algorithm to determine precise keyword competition within search engines to give you a reliable figure. The lower this number is the better. When you’re just starting, aim for the low hanging fruit keywords (I’ll talk about this concept later) which is less than 100.
- Keyword Quality Indicator (KQI): the traffic light system indicator shows you a green, yellow or red light to classify your keyword. Red is poor, Yellow is normal and Green is great
- SEO : A keyword SEO Power and is a score that derives from the keywords traffic and how much competition the keyword has in it’s related niche. Measured on a scale of 1 to 100 and the higher the number the better the chances are for ranking it on the first page of Google. Over 90 is really good
- Domains: checks and tells you if there are exact-match domain names for 8 different TLDs (domain extensions) available for your chosen keyword for instant purchase.
- On the sidebar of your search you should see:
- Related Keywords: Jaaxy suggests closely related keywords or keyphrases for you to dig deep into your keyword quest
- Brainstorm – provide you with an idea feed for your keyword
Now, let’s look at what this all means for you:
1. Jaaxy shows you the realistic traffic you can expect for the keyword – important because Google now shows a lot of other things in search results meaning that you won’t always get lots of traffic.
2. Jaaxy gives you two values of keyword difficulty – a simple color system and then SEO score to show how likely it is to rank
3. They also provide you with not only a list of keywords but also “related” keywords which can uncover some gems that you can dig deeper into them.
4. With any new website, a good rule of thumb is to search for keywords with a QSR under or around 100. More established sites can go out and use QSRs up around 200, but anything under 100 is ideal.
5. The next criteria we can focus on are the “traffic” columns inside Jaaxy. The “Avg” column represents the average number of searches that keyword gets per month. The “Traffic” column represents how many visits to your website you could expect to get if you’re ranking highly for that keyword.
It’s human nature to want to find the huge traffic numbers we see for popular keywords. But as you’re starting off, don’t be afraid to start small. Building traffic is a numbers game. As you start putting out post after post writing around low competition keywords, what starts as a trickle of traffic will slowly grow.
I like to go after keywords with competition under 100 and traffic over 100.
6. Do this consistently and you’ll begin ranking for these keywords you’re targeting and building that stream of free traffic from Google searches. Going after keywords that get tons of traffic but are so competitive that you’ll never rank for them is pointless and just doesn’t make sense.
7. Choose Keywords That Make Grammatical Sense. The last criteria for choosing a great keyword is making sure it makes grammatical sense. As you use Jaaxy you may come across keywords that have unbelievably low competition and incredible traffic. But you need to ask yourself, “Does this keyword make grammatical sense?”
If it does, perfect. Jaaxy allows you to save it to your list for future reference. But if it doesn’t, don’t use it. Change it to something that makes grammatical sense and then run it through Jaaxy again to see the more accurate data.
This is a technique that not a lot of marketers know about but can be quite helpful in understanding what folks are searching for when it comes to niche related criteria. Takes advantage of Google “Instant” feature to add all letters of the alphabet to your keyword / keyphrase based on actual searches people are doing to give you even more long-tail keyword ideas.
Jaaxy provides this kind of “suggest” tool and calls it – Alphabet Soup.
Makes sense, because what the tool does is find all the keyword variations using the alphabet – placing the “a” words before and after the keyword, then the “b” and so on.
Here is what a quick search of “Online Marketing Course” shows, so you can see what I mean:
This is a great way to unearth lots of keywords you (or anyone else) might not have thought of.
You can then take them and run them through the other search to get the more important data like – search volume and competition.
Jaaxy allows you to easily do this by either clicking “Search On This” or by making lists of keywords using “Add” to Brainstorm.
Watch this video – The Alphabet Soup Technique how to find and narrow down your niche.
The Low Hanging Fruit Concept
What is a “low hanging fruit” keyword?
If you have not heard of this term yet, you are going to be very well acquainted with it after this lesson.
Essentially a low hanging fruit keyword is a low competition keyword. Like a fruit tree, it is the fruit that is typically smaller (it gets less traffic), but there are many more of them and they have far less competition because most people naturally compete for the fruit at the top of the tree (the high traffic keywords).
The idea behind this approach is to get rankings. Sometimes with a brand new website it is more difficult to get ranked under more competitive terms and you will be much better off targeting low competition keywords. In fact, this strategy can be used FOREVER…it is one that I use over and over again and it can lead to an unlimited amount of traffic.
The Rules of a Quality Keyword
I recommend here a few rules that is helpful to you when performing a keyword search:
Rule #1: More than 30 monthly searches. You want your far left “Avg” column to ideally be greater than 30. Sometimes it is OK to go with a search volume less than this, but over 30 searches per month is ideal.
Rule #2: Less than 100 QSR (Competition). You want to keep your competition below 100 pages in Google, the lower the better though obviously. You will likely come across many terms with less than 100 QSR when doing your research, and that is even better!
As you progress with your website, under 200 is perfectly fine as you will be gaining more authority and better ranks in search engines.
Rule #3: Keyword must make sense. This is critically important. If the keyword doesn’t make grammatical sense, don’t use it. Do another search on the keyword that makes sense as that will likely give you different data and that is the data you want to measure.
Search or Competition Analysis
One of the big things you need to do after identifying your keyword is checking the competition. Jaaxy is great for this because it provides us the data I mentioned earlier (color codes and SEO value).
However, it also pays to really take a good look at the top 10 (or even top 20) and see who is ranking and what they have up their sleeve – what they have created, keywords used, domain authority etc.
Jaaxy provides this in their Search Analysis section. I have published a Post “7 legit online marketing training program” and entered the keyword. Within second, Jaaxy provide an insightful analysis of your post ranking and where your post stand against your competitors.
You can see which sites / pages are listed on the top 10 positions of Google, Bing or Yahoo. It’s great to know everything about your competition. Spy on:
- how many words are being used on those pages
- number of links on site and backlinks to those websites / pages (backlinks help boost site rankings)
- ULR, Title Tag and Meta Description and Keywords density – helpful to see how well optimized the content is.
- Google Pagerank
- Alexa rank – How authoritative / powerful the site is
- Google AdSense
This is a reality within Jaaxy as you will be able to reverse engineer any successful website, right down the keyword density, meta tags, Alexa rank, content insights, and backlink insights. To be a “success” you have to first understand “success”
Other Useful Jaaxy Tools
With SiteRank at Jaaxy, it was very easy to determine where your website was ranking in Google, Bing and Yahoo.
SiteRank truly bridges the gap between your website and your awareness as to where it is ranked under the keywords or phrases that you choose to “track”. These insights will allow you to quickly determine what website activities are leading to rankings in search and which one’s may not be.
Check Your Keyword Ranking
Just type in a keyword or phrase and website and see what is your keyword position on Google, Bing and Yahoo.
Simplify ALL Your SEO Testing.
Want to know if backlinks are useful in terms of SEO? What about exact match domains? You can pin your activities to a timeline in SiteRank and determine which of your SEO activities are leading to better rankings in Google, Bing and Yahoo…and which activities may not be so effective. If you want to scale rankings and traffic (and ultimately success), this is the best way to do it.
Track Historical Rankings. Monitor Your Website Authority.
When you set up your website in SiteRank, you will automatically be able to leverage Jaaxy’s historical tracking graphs to track your website rankings over periods of time. Having this bird’s eye view of all of your ranking and SEO activities will help you understand and your website ranking trends.
Save, store, share, export and manage all of your keyword research activities with Jaaxy’s state-of-the-art keyword management platform. It has never been more efficient to manage your research activities and leverage this data for your own personal or business insights, but also to hand off to your marketing and content development teams.
Keyword Lists Manager – compile your keywords into lists to better organize them by topic or niche. Just tick which one’s look good on your search results and save them to a keyword list. Later on, you can deepen your analysis and study how good those keywords really are in terms of potential traffic and competition.
You’re also able to rename your Saved Lists later or open them, select some keywords and save them again in a different (maybe more focused) keyword list
Keyword lists can be exported in.CSV or.TXT so that you can import them into your favorite spreadsheet application and evaluate them offline.
It’s a lot like the saved lists feature except this one keeps a record of all the searches you do using each different feature.
It also keeps a record of the type searches, date and time which you completed them.
This is another great features. It helps you search for affiliate programs based on any niche you passionate about that you can promote and earn money.
It covers the following affiliate providers:
- Click Bank
- Commission Junction
- Link Share
- Digital River
They even show you Alexa data (how popular is the said product in the market) and the direct link to each affiliate program to help you quickly evaluate it. All you have to do is to open an account with them and start promoting the product or service.
A nice feature that helps you overcome writer’s block or those times when you have no more ideas for what niche to go for. It picks the latest trends from Google Trends, Yahoo! Buzz, Alexa Topics, Amazon Best Sellers and Twitter Trends or you can add your keyword or niche for brainstorming.
Build Incredibly Valuable Domain Portfolios
The other major bonus with Jaaxy is that it shows you if an available domain name exists for the particular search term so you don’t have to keep on checking with Name Cheap or Godaddy when looking for good names. It will show you if a.com, .org, or .net is available.
These exact domain matches (EMD’s) that Jaaxy is generating in the results could easily become your new domain name as well. If you find a high traffic – low competition keyword, I would say go for it and purchase it.
A lot of internet marketers use this as a business model due to the low cost of investment for the potential return. For a merely $15 domain name you will get thousands of clicks that will lead to sales of products and services.
And if you’re thinking about starting your domain flipping business, Jaaxy can be your tool of choice.
Jaaxy allows you to build incredible valuable domain portfolios with instant purchase. A domain portfolio is just as valuable as a real estate portfolio. Like real estate, they are not making more.com, .org or .net domains. You can save, store and buy domains in bulk without and so within the online domain platform in the world that offers free whois, security, email, and next year price protection with all domain purchases.
How Much Does Jaaxy Cost
There is one free and two paid pricing plans on Jaaxy.
Free Plan (Price: $0)
It’s a great opportunity for you to test out how Jaaxy works, what it is and to see if it is something you would be willing to pay a monthly fee for.
It offers you 30 keyword searches include 25 Search Results, Website Analyzer, Affiliate Program Finder, Keyword List Manager, Brainstorm Idea Feed, Keyword Competition Data And 30 SiteRank Analysis.
Pro Plan (Price: $49/month)
The Pro plan has everything you need to start your keyword research quest.
It was designed for people new to internet marketing, but I think more experienced internet marketers can also benefit from this plan (as long as they aren’t working on tons of sites at the same time — see the Enterprise plan for that need).
For $49 a month you’ll get:
Everything from the Free Plan plus
- 3 times faster research (compared to the free plan)
- Unlimited keyword searches
- Sortable Search History
- Search Analysis
- Manual QSR Search
- Manual Domain Search
- Alphabet Soup (15/letter)
- 2x Multi-Threaded Search
- 2k SiteRank Analysis Scan
Enterprise Plan (Price: $99/month)
If you’re looking for even more power, extra features and willing to take things up to a completely different level, the Enterprise Plan might be the right option for you.
It was crafted for more advanced internet marketers who need to compile huge lists of keywords for their own / customers’ blogs and websites.
It has all the Pro plan features and even more:
- Works 5 times faster than the free plan (if Jaaxy was already fast, it just got even faster, which reduces research time by a LOT)
- Gives you instant competition analysis
- Shows instant domain availability information
- The Alphabet Soup search shows up to 50 results instead of just 15
- Unlimited Keyword Lists
- 5x Multi-Threaded Search
- 10k SiteRank Analysis Scan
- And it even has a few extra features available.
Check this comparison chart to better understand the differences between Jaaxy’s pricing plans.
Based on my daily using this Jaaxy Keyword And Niche Research Tool, I can safely say it does wonders in my keyword research work.
Further, Jaaxy was created and is maintained by the same team who owns and founded of Wealthy Affiliate, which is an extra credit when it comes to trusting in what you’re getting. Its was developed by affiliate marketer for affiliate marketer.
So my final verdict couldn’t be more positive, a 5 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐over 5 ⭐
Bonus#1: 1,000 High Traffic, Low Competition Keywords
1,000 hand picked keywords that are set-up for SEO success.
Bonus #2: Niches, Keywords, Success
This guide will be your handbook for Niche Research and learn how to utilize Jaaxy to uncover hot niches in minutes.
Bonus #3: Domain Industry Secrets
Secrets to tapping into the billion dollar industry. How to uncover low cost domains and sell them for much more. Your guide to domain flipping… made easy with Jaaxy.